So if you don’t already have gel filters to go over your external lights here some more information to help guide…
Q: Where can I get the gel filters?
Q: Which gel filters will I need?
A: There are two types:
1. Rosco e-colour: for LED lights or halogen less than 1000watts. (size 53 x 122cm) £5.99 persheet
2. Supergel: for halogen lights greater than 1000 watts (size 50 x 61cm) £6.18 per sheet
Q: What colour gel do I order?
A: E101 Yellowgives the “most” gold effect with both LED and Halogen lighting when projected.However if you already have a gel that creates a gold/yellow colour when projected please just use what you already have.
Q: What is the postage and packaging?
A: Postage and packaging is £2.99 on all deliveries. And delivery is usually within a working day.
Q: How do I fix the Filter gels on to the lights?
A: This depends on the light
1. LEDlights: As these lights are cool the filters can be placed directly behind the glass after unscrewing the front face of the external light and stuck on to the underside without posing a fire risk.
2. Halogen lights: As this type of light emits heat do not place gel filters directly onto the surface of the light this poses a fire risk. Use cardboard or chicken wire to create a frame to suspend the gel such that it is not able to touch the lens at the front of the light. Scroller tape is a heat resistant tape that can be used to secure the gel and is £6.29 per roll.
3. Sodium lights: It is very difficult to create different colours of lights with a sodium light.However as our campaign colour is gold the natural colour produced by sodium lighting gives buildings a gold hue anyway so no need for filters.
Q: Is there a discount code?
A: We have arranged for a discount for all those helping us to go gold the discount code is: 2016GoGold5 And gives 5% off any gel filters purchased.
Q: Is there anyone I can contact for specific technical advice?
A: If you have specific questions please ask stage depot they are happy to help:
Contact Jean Paul: +44(0)1179 727124
or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any other questions for our team please direct to Emma: